Learn more about us, our beliefs and what we value
Our Beliefs and Core Values
- in one God -the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- that the Old and New Testament Scriptures are inspired by God and contain all truth necessary for faith and Christian living
- that each person is born in sin and is lost without Jesus
- that salvation is through Jesus Christ and is for everyone, and those who repent and believe on Him are rescued from the power of sin.
- that believers are to be holy through faith in Jesus Christ
- that the Holy Spirit is our constant guide in our journey to become like Christ.
- that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.
We’re part of a global group of congregations called The Church of the Nazarene. Here’s a link to our beliefs.
Our Renovation Purpose (why we’re here)…
- Glorify God.
- Serve others.
- Bring people to Jesus.
Our Renovation Mission (how we plan fulfilling our purpose)…
Participating in God’s global renovation plan. Inviting others to join us.
Our Renovation Plans (how we plan achieving our mission)…
- Each covenant member help lead 100 people to Jesus in 10 years.
- Help plant 100 church-planting churches across the world in 10 years.
- Help each covenant member participate in a fulfilling ministry according to how they are uniquely and individually SHAPEd for ministry (Spiritual gifts. Heart. Abilities. Personality. Experiences).
- Establish a Compassionate Ministry Center with a financially self-supporting, multi-purpose, multi-building facility to: fight poverty, feed the hungry, serve the marginalized, educate the under-resourced, repair the broken, equip other churches, train Christian servants, and prepare young Christian leaders.
Renovation Life Practices
Read the Bible daily and in a Renovation Community Group weekly.
Eat at least one meal weekly with a non-Christian.
Nurture a conversation lifestyle with God (i.e. both talking and listening to).
Observe where God is working and join him there.
Vow to support Renovation Community with time and money.
Avoid what doesn’t glorify God.
Teach others weekly how to be Jesus’ disciple.
Invite others weekly to experience Renovation Community.
Offer time regularly to help others in need.
Never stop God’s renovation work in any part of your life.
Renovation Ministry Values
Complexity distracts us from God.
Offering help to the poor is offering help to Jesus.
Multi-purpose space is good stewardship.
Money comes from God, not people.
Undertaking partnerships glorifies God.
New churches are always necessary.
In the little things, faithfulness is worship.
Time with Jesus transforms us.
Yielding to God’s plan is our highest priority.